As the Commission service collects and further processes personal data, it is subject to Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC (Text with EEA relevance).
Context and Controller
What personal information do we collect, for what purpose, under
which legal bases and through which technical means?
Types of personal data. Information can relate to the following data:
- First name
- Last name
- E-Mail address
- Preferred Language
The Directorate-General for Education, Culture, Youth and Sport (DG EAC) is in charge of the policy part of the African Students and Alumni Forum (ASAF). Over the years it is expected that more people, who took part in an international mobility programme which was funded and supported by the EU and AU, will want to join ASAF. Being able to contact past and present beneficiaries enables the Commission to conduct surveys and follow their careers, thus assessing the impact of its programmes in the long term. Such assessment is both an obligation and a useful policy tool allowing ASAF to improve. It also allows registered users to network amongst themselves.
The legal bases for the processing operations on personal data are:
- Regulation (EU) No 1288/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 December 2013 establishing “Erasmus+”: the Union programme for education, training, youth and sport (2014-2020).
- Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC (Text with EEA relevance).
Who has access to your personal data and to whom is it disclosed?
Access to your personal data is granted to selected European Commission personnel and the contractor, who acts on behalf of the EC. With your agreement, other ASAF users will be able to see your contact information and other relevant information you chose to make public.
How do we protect and safeguard your information?
The collected personal data is saved on servers of an external IT company acting as a data processor under contract for the European Commission (EC). The company shall act only on instructions from the European Commission; shall comply with the obligations set out in the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
How can you verify, modify or delete your information?
In case you wish to verify which personal data is stored have it modified, corrected or deleted, please contact us using Contact us section of this website.
How long do we keep your personal data?
The data will be retained as long as ASAF exists or until you decide to erase your data.
For any questions related to ASAF and your rights, feel free to contact us, explicitly specifying your request. Users can contact the Controller by sending an email to email@example.com or phone: +49 221 29492400.
The abovementioned landline number for communication towards the Contractor “GIZ and partners“ is available Monday – Friday from 9:00 – 18:00 CET. In urgent cases you can also call beside this office hours in order to get a response. But please use also the other available communication channels like E-mail. Thank you.
Any information relating to processing of your personal data is detailed in the register of the Data Protection Officer of the Commission: http://ec.europa.eu[...]
In case of conflict, complaints can be addressed to the European Data Protection Supervisor http://www.edps.europa.eu
Third party cookies in addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third parties’ cookies to report usage statistics of the website.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
You can learn more about the cookies here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Embedding YouTube videos
- We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offer, which are stored at www.youtube.com/channel/UCBs_zopYQYNB88Y6s0BGsFw and can be played directly from our website.
- By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned in the “Social Media” section of this declaration will be transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether there is no user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for advertising, market research and/or needs-based design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
- Further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by YouTube can be found in the data protection declaration. There you will also find further information on your rights and setting options to protect your privacy: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
The legal basis for the use of YouTube is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.